Features of Streamio
An easy-to-use and feature-rich Online Video Platform
Streamio is cost-effective and professional,
filled with features so you don't need more platforms
On this page we have gathered most of the features and features you can find in Streamio’s video platform.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions on this!
Use Streamio as your video library. You'll find everything you need for managing and publishing videos.
Ownership and rights
Streamio is a tool where our customers continue to own all their content and control its publication.
CDN - Video Distribution
Great flexibility for deployment. Choose from various solutions for the best audience performance and GDPR compliance.
An unlimited number of users - no user licenses required! A primary user manages, invites, and deletes users. All users can work simultaneously in Streamio.
Accessible Video Player
Create an unlimited number of players customized for your functional needs with different styling. Of course, WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility compliant.
With Streamio, you can restrict access to certain websites or internal networks or restrict access with passwords.
Built-in statistics with the possibility to connect Streamio with external tools for advanced statistics.
Integrity and GDPR
Streamio is GDPR-compliant. No use of cloud services. We own our own infrastructure!
Streamio has a built-in chat with the option to moderate the chat, which can be used for live events.
Choose between automatic playlists that auto-update using tags or manual playlists where you have complete control.
Accessibility is a focus area for us and our customers. We have a WCAG 2.1 AA-compliant player and support for sight and sign interpretation.
All Streamio videos are customized to deliver the highest quality to your viewers, regardless of their devices and bandwidth.
Create your own play channels for videos, live streams, and podcasts in less than a minute.
Several advanced features like managing encoding profiles, transcoding live video or customizing players!
Live stream easily with Streamio. Equally suited for simple streams directly from a mobile phone or advanced broadcasts with production companies.
Secure and high-quality video storage on our own infrastructure in Sweden, without any cloud providers or third-party partners.
Payment by credit card or invoice with hefty discounts on annual contracts. All subscriptions include unlimited users, play channels and video transcoding.
Audio players and podcasts
Manage all your audio files and podcasts just as easily as you manage video with Streamio
API for developers
Integrate Streamio into CMS, mobile applications, or websites. You can also script jobs directly to the platform.
Upload images to Streamio. Then use these images as backgrounds and logos in channels, channel logos in video players, and create custom startup images for your account's live streaming channel.
Video library / Manage video
Streamio's support for managing and publishing video files, VOD, is very well developed.
- Display statistics directly at the overview
- Filter tags & sort on properties
- Search by name and description
- Select manually/all/invert files for:
- deletion, quick unpublishing, copying to another account
- Set tags for immediate automatic publishing
- Automatically tag videos with the uploader's name
- Title and description
- Post directly to YouTube
- Control encoding of videos when uploading
- Upload without transcoding for archiving
- Manage metadata
- Title and description
- Tagging movies for selection and publishing
- Start image and thumbnail:
- Choose an image from the movie or upload your own
- Manage videos
- Replace movie with updated version (everywhere it's published)
- Download the original, or any of the encoded variants.
- Add chapters for easy navigation
- Trim and cut to new movie
- Assign videos to playlists
- Switch to statistics mode
- Assign subtitles to videos
- Order automatic or manual subtitles
- Connect to sign language-interpreted video
- Manage multiple audio tracks, such as for audio description (AD)
- Unpublish and publish movies as needed
- Publish the same movie with different players
- Same movie with different Matomo/Analytics accounts
- Publish to:
- iframe on web pages or direct link / QR code
- playlists and Streamio Channels
- Password protect video
- Allow public video download with link
Live streaming is one of many features that is included in all Streamio plans, suitable for every need from quick started mobile streams to professional events with production companies delivering the stream.
- Stream directly from any platform
- Free software such as OBS and professional studio tools
- Stream directly from mobile phone or tablet
- Select player start image / idle power test image
- Record live stream:
- Automatic or manual start/stop
- Tag recordings for automatic publishing
- Name VOD on live stream.
- Live transcoding
- Publish with automatic bitrate selection in the player (ABR)
- Automatic adaptation of ingested stream
- High quality streaming without shutting out visitors with low bandwidth.
- Embedded on any Web page
- In channels (Streamio channels)
- As direct links/QR code for mailings
- Password protected
- FB/Linkedin and Twitter (in new window)
- Customize video players
- Publish the same stream to different players
Streamio's packages include high-quality video storage based in Sweden
- All files are stored in at least three copies on different storage servers
- Fast storage within Sweden with excellent bandwidth and routing
- Original file is always kept intact
- Very affordable storage packages for expansion
- Storage in different locations for fast access around the world (see CDN)
- No cloud providers or third-country parties necessary (EU-GDPR)
- We own our infrastructure.
All streamio movies are customized to suit the visitor's devices and bandwidth. A big plus for Streamio is that these transcodings are included in all packages – no costs are added.
- All encoding on Streamio is free of charge
- Video encoded to H.264 with:
- Default settings for mobile and desktop
- Custom settings according to custom needs and encoding profiles
- Ability to stream original file without encoding
- Control what is used by default.
- Recode video size, bitrate, framerate, and audio
- Advanced queue system that prioritizes fast publishing
- Encoding in Sweden on own servers
CDN - Video Distribution
Streamio has great flexibility in terms of deployment. Our own network is specifically built for video and automatically optimizes its routing which gives a fantastic performance and reliability For capacity around the world, we collaborate with a number of different leading CDN.
- Media servers automatically convert to HLS
- Distribution is done via CDN - customer chooses what fits:
- Swedish CDN, without foreign sub-processors
- Nodes in the Nordic region
- European CDN, with EU sub-processor
- Nodes around the world
- American CDN, with sub-processor in the US
- Nodes all over the world.
- Swedish CDN, without foreign sub-processors
- Customized solutions for special needs
Streamio by Rackfish
Streamio is a Rackfish brand, Rackfish is a full service hosting provider in Sweden.
specialized in streaming and on-line video.
Read more about Rackfish full-service offerings for digital delivery on-line.
Streamio has accessibility as a major focus area. With a lot of customers withing the public sector, having to comply with the Accessibility Directive, we have made sure to create a video player that makes it possible to deliver an accessible top-notch video experience.
- Compliant with WCAG 2.1 AA
- Subtitles and transcription
- Multilingual subtitles
- Auto-Following Transcription Window
- Order subtiteling services from within Streamio (automatic or manual)
- Multi-Track Support (Language)
- Visual interpretation
- Sign-language interpretation
- Switch between sign language-version and non-sign-language version
- Content title and description (ARIA) labels
- Keyboard commands to control the player.
- Screenreader support
- More information and demo players
Ownership and rights
Streamio is a tool for our customers. No hassle!
- No content will be used by Streamio
- Streamio does not publish any content
- Account holders retain all rights to uploaded content
- Account holders can delete movies themselves - deleting all copies on Streamio
- Movies can be unpublished for viewing, and remain on Streamio
Integrity and GDPR
Streamio is GDPR-compliant. No use of cloud services. We own the servers, storage, encoding and are even the internet provider to which Streamio is connected
- All storage is based in Stockholm and Uppsala, Sweden
- All Swedish supplier with servers in Sweden - Based in Sweden
- Wholly owned servers located in Sweden
- Multiple CDN choices - Two GDPR-safe options to choose from!
- Swedish standard agreement from TechSverige (former IT and Telecom companies)
- Complete control over the material (e.g. unpublishing or total deletion)
- Password protect specific movies
- Use SSL encryption (https) by default
- Highest security at data centers (intrusion, fire, power supply, etc.)
- Unpublish videos from the Streamio portal, without deleting it (video remains in Streamio but can't be viewed on your website or the social media it's been published in)
- SSL encrypted transfer and links
- Streamio has full control of the entire chain from server to player
- Two-factor authentication when logging into account as selection
- Only use servers for distribution (CDN) within the EU/EEA
- Choose between payment by credit card or invoice
- Discounts on annual contracts
- No restrictions on:
- Number of users
- Play channels
- Switch between multiple accounts for different products/departments/units
- Both Swedish and English language is supported by the system and is optional for each user
Streamio comes with a powerful channel generator. Create your own channels within a minute!
- All Streamio packages include unlimited channels
- Video, Live streams and Podcasts can be published in channels
- Choose whether to password protect channels, for example for internal use
- Automatically populate and update channels with use of tags
- Tags become categories in the play channel
- Live stream to one or more of your channels
- Connect channel to Google Analytics or Matomo for advanced statistics
- Choose between showing your channel in English or Swedish
- Customize the look of your channel with custom background and your organization's logo
- Date of publication and total number of views per video are visible on your channel
- Search for videos in channel
Audio players and Podcasts
Streamio is an excellent audio platform that can be used just like video - publish audio clips on web pages, send out links to audio clips or use audio in a podcast.
- Audio player
- Upload and publish audio
- Tag audio files to use in podcasts
- The same audio file can be used in multiple podcasts
- Automatic reco encoding of audio to MP3 format
- Publish audio with direct link
- Publish players embedded on your website
- No credit card needed
- Fast downloads of podcasts via CDN
- Create one or more podcast feeds directly in Streamio
- Publish to Apple, Spotify and others who support Podcasts
- Create play channels for Podcasts
- Sort and plan publishing of episodes
- Time-controlled publishing
- Areas of use
- Use channels as an automatic web site for podcasts
- Use channels to publish internal podcasts
Built into Streamio, there are features to answer the question "how many?". For more advanced statistics, Streamio is easily paired with external tools - then you can also follow the entire visitor journey, not just the video viewing.
- Account-level basic overview for gigs and channels
- Basic statistics for video views during different periods
- Real-time graphs of live streams
- Connect Matomo or Google Analytics for access to advanced viewer behavior statistics
- Connect the same video/stream to different players for statistics to different systems or customers
- Use categories and labels in Google analytics (per player)
- Ability to integrate Streamio into CMS, mobile applications or websites
- Link to json/smil or HLS manifest
- Supports most Streamio features
- Administrative & Restricted API Keys
- Combine with Rackfish Live for advanced live stream solutions
- Documentation: https://streamio.com/api/docs
- Upload images to Streamio
- Use images as a background and logo in channels
- Display image as overlay (channel logo) in video player
- Use images as a player start image or for live streams
- Upload podcast- or episode images
- Free number of users - no user licenses
- Main users manage, invite, and delete users
- The same user can have access to one or more accounts
- Multiple users can work at the same time
- Users can copy videos between their accounts
- Empty CDN cache for your videos
- Replace already published movies
- Regenerate all video streams (new encoding)
- Create, change delete encoding profiles
- Create new profiles and encode from the original
- Automatic playlists based on tags
- Manual playlists with their own selection
- List, view, create, delete Movies
- Sort manually or based on dates, for example
- Publish playlists - automatic playlists updates automatically!
- Create unlimited players
- WCAG 2.1 AA Single player shows a selected movie
- Archive players display playlists
- Connect different Matomo or Google Analytics accounts for different players
- Upload custom, custom, boot images
- Select default players for easy and fast access
- Choice of different "Skin"
- Affect appearance with CSS
- Turn title/description/sharing and dashboard on and off
- Add image as watermark to player
- Link watermark image to Web page
- Start quietly
- Loop Video
- Airplay or Chromecast casting support
- Add playlists to archive players
- Direct link to archive players
- Built-in chat for communication
- Moderate chat - block users or delete messages
- Does not store or expose any personal data that is not provided by the chatter
- Publish separately, in play channels or on any web site
- Export chat history
- Delete chat